One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Engaged in work.
- 1.1 In action.‘researchers were convinced that one infectious agent was at work’
- ‘Nature is busy at work even in a place of towering bricks and mortar with concrete sprawl.’
- ‘I was glad our children had a chance to see such rare, vanished technology at work.’
- ‘With the so-called electronic voices it should be clear that the same process is at work.’
- ‘There will be a chance for the public to step inside an industrial museum and see history at work.’
- ‘Either there is some deep dark secret that needs to be protected, or another factor is at work here.’
- ‘I call Mark as both of us love to watch the industrious little blighters at work.’
- 1.1 In action.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.