One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Studying at a university.
college, academy, educational establishment, educational institution, institute, varsityView synonyms
- ‘If, on the other hand, you are a young student starting out at university, you may have different needs.’
- ‘Her younger sister was at university studying biomedical sciences and the family was very short of funds.’
- ‘Before you ask, I haven't used a pen to write anything creative with since I was at university.’
- ‘During the week, mother and son look after each other while Jess is away at university in Huddersfield.’
- ‘His mother is a teacher and one of his elder sisters is at university.’
- ‘Melanie lived at home while at university and met a former boyfriend while studying at Bath.’
- ‘So I'm so much further forward than I've been in the past when I was at university.’
- ‘Kim's alleged second victim was at university in South Korea and came to Britain to study English.’
- ‘Sara, an external financing officer for Chorley Council, met her husband at university.’
- ‘And even when she is at university, Stella is determined that Edie will not suffer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.