One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Studying at a university.
college, academy, educational establishment, educational institution, institute, varsityView synonyms
- ‘And even when she is at university, Stella is determined that Edie will not suffer.’
- ‘If, on the other hand, you are a young student starting out at university, you may have different needs.’
- ‘Her younger sister was at university studying biomedical sciences and the family was very short of funds.’
- ‘Before you ask, I haven't used a pen to write anything creative with since I was at university.’
- ‘So I'm so much further forward than I've been in the past when I was at university.’
- ‘His mother is a teacher and one of his elder sisters is at university.’
- ‘Kim's alleged second victim was at university in South Korea and came to Britain to study English.’
- ‘Melanie lived at home while at university and met a former boyfriend while studying at Bath.’
- ‘During the week, mother and son look after each other while Jess is away at university in Huddersfield.’
- ‘Sara, an external financing officer for Chorley Council, met her husband at university.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.