One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
As loudly as possible.
- ‘And we all have the right to hate the president, challenge his ideology or scream at the top of our lungs that his policies are unfair.’
- ‘All I want to do is yell at the top of my lungs and throttle people.’
- ‘He made a beeline for James, swearing at the top of his lungs, his face a color purple that made me genuinely fear for James's life.’
- ‘Take a mental escape by turning up the radio and singing at the top of your lungs.’
- ‘She began to scream loudly, crying out at the top of her lungs.’
- ‘The evening ended with him gesticulating and yelling at me at the top of his lungs.’
- ‘You might as well stand on your desk in the newsroom and announce your burglary at the top of your lungs.’
- ‘There's nothing like 600 Baptists standing up singing at the top of their lungs.’
- ‘For the girls' final screen test, Zhang filmed them as they stood in a crowded street screaming whatever came to mind at the top of their lungs.’
- ‘Yes but you didn't have to scream it at the top of your lungs!’
- ‘And I just started screaming at the top of my lungs, ‘Everybody out of the building, out of the building.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.