One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At someone's disposal; available.‘he had at his command a vast number of ready-made phrases’
- ‘The nobility and the church fought back hard with all the power at their command.’
- ‘So with all the creative energy at our command, let us begin an era of national renewal.’
- ‘Our kids have incredible toys at their command that allow them to experience everything but the real thing.’
- ‘They go on deploying the vast propaganda and other resources at their command until they finally impose their will.’
- ‘Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.’
- ‘You can do that when you have a powerful government at your command.’
- ‘We shall combat it with all the resources at our command.’
- ‘With all the modern methods of waste disposal at our command, it should not be difficult to prevent pollution of lakes.’
- ‘We have a big task in keeping our city clean, but we are doing it with all the will and resources we have at our command.’
- ‘Pointedly refusing to rule out the use of nuclear weapons, he added, ‘We will direct every resource at our command and every necessary weapon of war.’’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.