One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In pursuit or support of someone.
- ‘‘I've got the will of the people at my back,’ he said at the moment of victory.’
- ‘Now that I've got the will of the people at my back, I'm going to start enforcing the one-question rule.’
- ‘The country is secure, no longer having its neighbor's tank armies and radical nationalist influence at its back.’
- ‘I just jumped down into this crevice, behind this big boulder and then there's a god almighty ‘bang’ as the forth RPG comes in at my back.’
- ‘You get the ball and you give it straight away as you have a man at your back.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.