One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
At one time.‘he built twenty houses at one whack’
- ‘The three men were from Florida and are hiking the AT in sections, knocking out the trail a week at a whack twice a year.’
- ‘And since they leave me in these little rooms for half-an hour at a whack, I could have plenty of time.’
- ‘I usually load a ship six months at a whack with 8,000 pounds of meat.’
- ‘For example, taking off with skeevy men for 45 minutes at a whack, as I waited on grouchy after-workers, answered the telephone and tried to find where Frank had hidden people's clothes.’
- ‘What all of these engine and fuel numbers come down to is that the T - 38 can fly for about 2 hours at a whack.’
- ‘When you watch a movie it plays for two hours or more at a whack, and the players are designed to play movies many, many times!’
- ‘Unfortunately we're stuck on hold for 5 minutes at a whack because these sites aren't on the allowed list.’
- ‘I am on board the U.S. Coast Guard icebreaker Polar Star as it back-and-rams the frozen ocean to open up a fourteen-mile-long channel into McMurdo Station, fifty feet at a whack.’
- ‘The basic premise was that we would commence with a 24-inch barrel, test for accuracy and velocity, and then shorten it two inches at a whack before repeating our testing.’
- ‘After he kills ten yellow jackets at a whack, Jack is recruited for killing some animals that are terrorizing a town.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.