One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There seems to be some kind of law that requires presidential campaigns to become asymptotically more trivial as election day approaches.’
- ‘Many statistical methods produce unbiased or asymptotically unbiased estimates of parameters.’
- ‘As resource input rates decreased, this proportion increased asymptotically.’
- ‘The polynomial structures are unable to handle correlation patterns that decrease asymptotically to zero within the range of the data, and the correlation obtained by both models goes negative.’
- ‘These models are then compared using likelihood ratio tests, for which the test statistic asymptotically follows a distribution.’
- ‘The statement that this function gets asymptotically closer to the actual number of primes as the numbers get bigger is known as the Prime Number Theorem.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.