One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a condition or a person) producing or showing no symptoms.
- ‘Firstly, testing in asymptomatic patients differs fundamentally from testing in patients with symptoms.’
- ‘Increasing evidence shows that many herpes infections are asymptomatic.’
- ‘Fewer patients were asymptomatic during moderate and strenuous sports activities.’
- ‘He was asymptomatic, with a clean medical history, and not taking any medication.’
- ‘The majority of the patients are asymptomatic and the lesion is diagnosed incidentally on autopsy.’
- ‘Screening asymptomatic women for diabetes or thyroid disease has not proved effective.’
- ‘Treatment should also be considered in asymptomatic patients who may be a source of infection to others.’
- ‘No studies have evaluated the rate of disease progression in asymptomatic patients.’
- ‘Few data are available concerning the clinical value of screening asymptomatic people for dementia.’
- ‘Until rupture occurs, most abdominal aortic aneurysms are asymptomatic.’
- ‘The development of genetic testing for disease has raised the problem of whether to test asymptomatic individuals.’
- ‘Trials are underway to assess the effectiveness of screening asymptomatic men.’
- ‘Long incubation periods and frequent asymptomatic infections, make it difficult to rely on diagnosis.’
- ‘Since asymptomatic gall stones and dyspepsia are so common in the general population, they often coexist.’
- ‘His brothers were asymptomatic and had no clinical abnormalities.’
- ‘There are many causes of leg pain that can occur in the presence of asymptomatic peripheral vascular disease.’
- ‘After the first year, patients should be monitored annually even if they are asymptomatic.’
- ‘Given that this patient is asymptomatic, no intervention is required at the present time.’
- ‘The majority of infected persons are asymptomatic and unaware of their condition.’
- ‘Most of these infections are asymptomatic until advanced liver disease develops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.