One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- British term for uneven bars
- ‘The 15-year-old, who has just returned after an injury-riddled three years, made a stunning comeback to the arena when she claimed a silver medal in the asymmetric bars competition.’
- ‘Behind the asymmetric bars sat the gymnasts, a rainbow of tracksuits under a canopy of national flags.’
- ‘The 19-year-old had hoped for a top-three place in the asymmetric bars.’
- ‘The reigning Olympic asymmetric bars champion had suffered mishaps in Atlanta and Sydney and Athens was her final chance to clinch the all-round title.’
- ‘They gleefully hurl themselves at vaults or swing happily from the top of the asymmetric bars with the loosest of grips.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.