One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
treated as singular The science and technology of human space travel and exploration.
- ‘He is also the first astronaut to hold a doctorate in astronautics from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.’
- ‘The link between science fiction and the history of astronautics is complex.’
- ‘It is a non-profit corporation created to stimulate the exchange of ideas and information about rocketry and astronautics and to promote recognition of the nation's achievements in space.’
- ‘Beginning with Salyut VI, Soviet astronautics took a leading position in long-term space flights as well as in international space programs.’
- ‘This award recognises the extraordinary performance and achievement by teams of scientists, engineers and managers in the field of astronautics.’
- ‘He received a B.S. degree in aeronautics and astronautics from the University of Notre Dame in 2002.’
- ‘At the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, he graduated with highest honors in aeronautics and astronautics as well as in science, technology, and society.’
- ‘Flight has a background in aeronautics and astronautics and a good knowledge of all the spacecraft systems and the extensive and complex objectives of the mission.’
- ‘He rejoined the faculty in 1996 and now holds the Charles Stark Draper chair in aeronautics and astronautics.’
- ‘Named in honor of the first NASA Historian, Eugene Emme, the Emme award was created in 1982 to annually recognize an outstanding book that increases public understanding of the past and potential impact of the field of astronautics.’
- ‘Since most of the shuttle system was designed to be reusable, it was supposed to take the astronomical costs out of astronautics.’
- ‘Professions that helped humanity reach the Moon include astronautics, rocketry, space medicine, and space science.’
- ‘He then earned a master of science degree in aeronautics and astronautics from Stanford University.’
- ‘The Mars Society was founded in August 1998 at a conference attended by more than 700 people, the prime mover being an engineer, Robert Zubrin, whose ideas have revolutionised Mars astronautics.’
- ‘Hermann Julius Oberth, who was born on June 25, 1894, in the Transylvanian town of Hermannstadt, is considered a founding father of rocketry and astronautics.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.