One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to astrology.‘the astrological sign of Taurus’
- ‘He is not interested in star sign horoscopes so popular with much of the astrological community.’
- ‘He has consulted all the astrological charts.’
- ‘The Sheep is said to be one of the most creative of the twelve Chinese astrological signs.’
- ‘Their search options run more toward height, weight, hair color and astrological sign.’
- ‘Astrological conditions indicate this would be an excellent time to implement concrete changes that bring your life closer to your own ideological ideal.’
- ‘Her astrological sign is Sagittarius, the centaur archer, whose arrow is associated with the metaphor of time as an arrow.’
- ‘He became convinced by his reading of astrological and prophet texts that the end of the century would bring a period of great upheaval.’
- ‘The earliest known astrological records date back to Babylon, 1645 BC, and the earliest horoscope dates back to 410 BC.’
- ‘Many show astrological figures: Aquarius wading through water, Mercury standing among clouds, Venus in a chariot drawn by swans.’
- ‘Astrological tables had predicted an unusual succession of eclipses in the first years of the new century.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.