One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A star-shaped glial cell of the central nervous system.
- ‘They observed both neurons and astrocytes, the two types of cells into which the brain stem cells mature.’
- ‘Mercury accumulates in the central nervous system primarily in astrocytes, the cells that provide the first line of defense for the central nervous system against toxic compounds.’
- ‘Once inside the brain or spinal cord, neural progenitor cells grow into neuron-supporting stem cells called astrocytes.’
- ‘They successfully grew skin cells, smooth muscle cells, neurons and other nerve cells known as astrocytes and oligodendrocytes, and pigment producing cells called melanocytes, Reuters reports.’
- ‘His work has established the inhibitory role astrocytes can play in preventing central nervous system regeneration.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.