One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the chemical substances and species occurring in stars and interstellar space.
- ‘Astrochemistry is a broad and interdisciplinary emerging field at the intersection of the traditional disciplines of chemistry, physics, and astronomy.’
- ‘The identification of elements and compounds is critical to all areas to which chemistry is applied, from astrochemistry and biochemistry to geochemistry and industrial chemistry.’
- ‘The dynamic field of astrochemistry brings together ideas of physics, astrophysics, biology and chemistry to the study of molecules between stars, around stars and on planets.’
- ‘To further his research in astrochemistry, he accepted a position at NASA Ames Research Center in 1983.’
- ‘Within a century of Comte's death, thanks to the invention of the spectroscope, much of astronomy had become astrochemistry - a science he had roundly declared impossible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.