One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The study of the chemical substances and species occurring in stars and interstellar space.
- ‘The identification of elements and compounds is critical to all areas to which chemistry is applied, from astrochemistry and biochemistry to geochemistry and industrial chemistry.’
- ‘To further his research in astrochemistry, he accepted a position at NASA Ames Research Center in 1983.’
- ‘Within a century of Comte's death, thanks to the invention of the spectroscope, much of astronomy had become astrochemistry - a science he had roundly declared impossible.’
- ‘The dynamic field of astrochemistry brings together ideas of physics, astrophysics, biology and chemistry to the study of molecules between stars, around stars and on planets.’
- ‘Astrochemistry is a broad and interdisciplinary emerging field at the intersection of the traditional disciplines of chemistry, physics, and astronomy.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.