One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of biology concerned with the study of life on earth and in space.
- ‘My work, in part, deals with astrobiology from an astronomer's viewpoint.’
- ‘For those involved with the fledgling science of astrobiology, this is a central issue.’
- ‘Our goal is to promote, conduct, and lead integrated multidisciplinary astrobiology research and to train a new generation of astrobiology researchers.’
- ‘Without many people realizing it, debate in astrobiology is being actively manipulated by deeply held theological beliefs.’
- ‘The relationship between astrosociology and astrobiology is strong due to cultural values that favor determining if Earthlings represent the only species in the universe.’
- ‘As a PhD student studying astrobiology in Australia, I was pleased to see you identify the Moon as one of God's better ideas.’
- ‘In addition, reduced astrobiology funding will likely work against the President's stated goal of encouraging more young Americans to pursue science and technology careers, Shostak said.’
- ‘A lot of the chemists and geologists and biologists working in astrobiology are fixated on the details, because the history of life and the Earth is really just a catalogue of historical accidents.’
- ‘It is involved today in research in aeronautics, high-speed computing, and astrobiology.’
- ‘Courses related to astrobiology are offered in the departments of geology, biology, physics, and electrical engineering.’
- ‘If this is confirmed, it will be bad news for those who've been expecting that confirmation of past life on Mars would provide a burst of energy for the field of astrobiology.’
- ‘Now, why do you suppose someone would steal astrobiology specimens?’
- ‘However, the search for life beyond Earth, which underpins the burgeoning field of astrobiology, is based on a belief that chance played only a subordinate role.’
- ‘The discovery has profound implications for astrobiology.’
- ‘So how did Davies become interested in physics and eventually astrobiology?’
- ‘While evidence for microbial life on Mars is mounting, far more work needs to be done before any conclusions can be made.’
- ‘He is a well-known expert in the field of astrobiology and its cultural implications.’
- ‘The center researches aeronautics, astrobiology and supercomputing.’
- ‘This helps explain the importance of recent theoretical developments in the emerging field of astrobiology.’
- ‘A key issue in astrobiology is to understand the processes responsible for the geological and geophysical evolution of terrestrial planets.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.