One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The branch of biology concerned with the study of life on earth and in space.
- ‘If this is confirmed, it will be bad news for those who've been expecting that confirmation of past life on Mars would provide a burst of energy for the field of astrobiology.’
- ‘For those involved with the fledgling science of astrobiology, this is a central issue.’
- ‘A key issue in astrobiology is to understand the processes responsible for the geological and geophysical evolution of terrestrial planets.’
- ‘So how did Davies become interested in physics and eventually astrobiology?’
- ‘Our goal is to promote, conduct, and lead integrated multidisciplinary astrobiology research and to train a new generation of astrobiology researchers.’
- ‘The center researches aeronautics, astrobiology and supercomputing.’
- ‘A lot of the chemists and geologists and biologists working in astrobiology are fixated on the details, because the history of life and the Earth is really just a catalogue of historical accidents.’
- ‘While evidence for microbial life on Mars is mounting, far more work needs to be done before any conclusions can be made.’
- ‘In addition, reduced astrobiology funding will likely work against the President's stated goal of encouraging more young Americans to pursue science and technology careers, Shostak said.’
- ‘The discovery has profound implications for astrobiology.’
- ‘Without many people realizing it, debate in astrobiology is being actively manipulated by deeply held theological beliefs.’
- ‘It is involved today in research in aeronautics, high-speed computing, and astrobiology.’
- ‘My work, in part, deals with astrobiology from an astronomer's viewpoint.’
- ‘However, the search for life beyond Earth, which underpins the burgeoning field of astrobiology, is based on a belief that chance played only a subordinate role.’
- ‘The relationship between astrosociology and astrobiology is strong due to cultural values that favor determining if Earthlings represent the only species in the universe.’
- ‘Courses related to astrobiology are offered in the departments of geology, biology, physics, and electrical engineering.’
- ‘This helps explain the importance of recent theoretical developments in the emerging field of astrobiology.’
- ‘Now, why do you suppose someone would steal astrobiology specimens?’
- ‘As a PhD student studying astrobiology in Australia, I was pleased to see you identify the Moon as one of God's better ideas.’
- ‘He is a well-known expert in the field of astrobiology and its cultural implications.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.