One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The astigmatic person does not know which focal line to look at, and hunting between the two may cause eyestrain.’
- ‘For years I have been astigmatic to a degree that even bats point and laugh at me.’
- ‘Monet, on seeing those fields, described them as ‘enough to drive a poor painter crazy - impossible to render with our poor colors,’ but render them he did in his astigmatic but beautiful way.’
- ‘Ordinary soft lenses tend to mould to the astigmatic curve, but special toric soft lenses are available for astigmatism.’
- ‘He swallowed and shifted his astigmatic eyes to the cards in his hand.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.