One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The trace element and isotopic characteristics of these dykes imply derivation from an asthenospheric mantle source, which is likely to occur only as a result of regional lithospheric extension.’
- ‘Given the lack of evidence for significant magmatism in the area, the likely heat sources are either radiogenic, or elevated heat flux from asthenospheric mantle emplaced at a relatively shallow level beneath the orogen.’
- ‘We interpret them to be partial melts of asthenospheric mantle underlying the Antarctic Peninsula magmatic arc.’
- ‘The space between this depth and the base of the model is filled with asthenospheric material with a constant density.’
- ‘We attribute the rapid return to subsidence in the basin to the confinement of abnormally hot asthenospheric mantle in the zone of continental break-up to the NW as sea-floor spreading commenced.’
- ‘They are interpreted to have been derived from subduction modified lithospheric and asthenospheric mantle sources.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.