Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The study of the language, history, and antiquities of ancient Assyria.
- ‘Egyptology and Assyriology are included here, although close links exist with the Department of Archaeology.’
- ‘The graduate program in Assyriology emphasizes both Sumerian and Akkadian, as well as a full sequence of courses in Mesopotamian history and civilization, over a period of three years of coursework.’
- ‘The department of Assyriology advances the study of cuneiform texts stemming from ancient Mesopotamia.’
- ‘The State University of New York at Stony Brook is strengthening the quality of education at four Iraqi partner universities in archaeology, Assyriology, and environmental health.’
- ‘The consortium is working to improve faculty training, curriculum and facilities for the study of Archaeology, Assyriology and Environmental Health.’
- ‘Applicants should be registered, or have applied for admission, as graduate students in the University, for a higher degree course within the field of Assyriology or a closely related field.’
- ‘However, teaching in Assyriology did not begin in earnest until much later.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.