One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A region of the cortex of the brain which connects sensory and motor areas, and which is thought to be concerned with higher mental activities.
- ‘On the other hand, the parietal higher association area activity was decreased compared to the controls.’
- ‘In the temporal lobe of the monkey's cerebral cortex, in the general region where Wernicke's area exists in humans, there is a specialized auditory association area.’
- ‘This priming memory seems to involve auditory-visual association areas of the cerebral cortex.’
- ‘Formerly the disease was typecast as motor system degeneration, yet sensory fields, association areas, and premotor fields become damaged throughout the brain.’
- ‘Instead, they may involve association areas of the cerebral cortex.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.