Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A degree granted after a two-year course of study, especially by a community or junior college.
- ‘During this time I was also asked by Philadelphia College of Art to teach evening patternmaking and draping classes in their Associate of Arts program.’
- ‘She left home after she graduated from High School and attended Junior College, earning her Associate of Arts Degree in Office Management.’
- ‘In the New Century Scholarship Program, eligible high school students earn an Associate of Arts or Science degree by the fall following high school graduation.’
- ‘The participants were of junior or senior status, had earned an Associate of Arts degree from a community college, were older than 25, and were first-generation college students.’
- ‘The Associate of Arts degree consists of a listing of traditional general education (but not American Government) offered online by the member universities.’
- ‘By the time my high school class graduates, I will have my Associate of Arts degree and be on my way to a university as a junior.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.