One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A degree granted after a two-year course of study, especially by a community or junior college.
- ‘She left home after she graduated from High School and attended Junior College, earning her Associate of Arts Degree in Office Management.’
- ‘The participants were of junior or senior status, had earned an Associate of Arts degree from a community college, were older than 25, and were first-generation college students.’
- ‘The Associate of Arts degree consists of a listing of traditional general education (but not American Government) offered online by the member universities.’
- ‘By the time my high school class graduates, I will have my Associate of Arts degree and be on my way to a university as a junior.’
- ‘During this time I was also asked by Philadelphia College of Art to teach evening patternmaking and draping classes in their Associate of Arts program.’
- ‘In the New Century Scholarship Program, eligible high school students earn an Associate of Arts or Science degree by the fall following high school graduation.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.