One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The suicide of a patient suffering from an incurable disease, effected by the taking of lethal drugs provided by a doctor for this purpose.
- ‘It is the only state to have sanctioned physician assisted suicide and also allows marijuana to be used for medical purposes.’
- ‘To conduct physician assisted suicide effectively, doctors would probably have to administer drugs parenterally.’
- ‘In practice, many physicians oppose assisted suicide and euthanasia, and hospitals have barred assisted suicide from their premises.’
- ‘Doctors call it assisted suicide even when they don't ask the patient.’
- ‘If assisted suicide or euthanasia were to be legalized, psychologists would play a key role in reducing possible abuses of the process.’
- ‘As a result, a special Senate committee reviewed the issues surrounding euthanasia and assisted suicide in Canada.’
- ‘Several polls on euthanasia and assisted suicide have been conducted among physicians.’
- ‘In my view, physician assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia are a matter of personal choice and human rights.’
- ‘What happens to autonomy and compassion when assisted suicide and euthanasia are legally practiced?’
- ‘Once they start down the road to assisted suicide, such a patient would find it difficult to turn back.’
- ‘Only once those dilemmas have been resolved, should we even begin to think about legalising either assisted suicide or euthanasia in this country.’
- ‘The discussion of assisted suicide and euthanasia is the latest topic to be dominated by hysterical fears.’
- ‘Much more controversial are euthanasia and assisted suicide.’
- ‘Despite their complexity, assisted suicide and euthanasia are both gaining acceptance.’
- ‘The growing concern about health care costs increases the risks presented by legalizing assisted suicide and euthanasia.’
- ‘Suicide and attempted suicide are no longer crimes in Australia, but voluntary euthanasia or assisted suicide is illegal.’
- ‘Legalising physician assisted suicide would carry a high risk of undermining the care of all dying patients.’
- ‘No physician engaged in euthanasia or medically assisted suicide should be responsible for diagnosing brain death.’
- ‘In most places, both assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia are unlawful, although there are some exceptions.’
- ‘Wouldn't euthanasia or assisted suicide only be available to people who are terminally ill?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.