One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The suicide of a patient suffering from an incurable disease, effected by the taking of lethal drugs provided by a doctor for this purpose.
- ‘Once they start down the road to assisted suicide, such a patient would find it difficult to turn back.’
- ‘Despite their complexity, assisted suicide and euthanasia are both gaining acceptance.’
- ‘In most places, both assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia are unlawful, although there are some exceptions.’
- ‘Only once those dilemmas have been resolved, should we even begin to think about legalising either assisted suicide or euthanasia in this country.’
- ‘Much more controversial are euthanasia and assisted suicide.’
- ‘No physician engaged in euthanasia or medically assisted suicide should be responsible for diagnosing brain death.’
- ‘To conduct physician assisted suicide effectively, doctors would probably have to administer drugs parenterally.’
- ‘In my view, physician assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia are a matter of personal choice and human rights.’
- ‘If assisted suicide or euthanasia were to be legalized, psychologists would play a key role in reducing possible abuses of the process.’
- ‘Wouldn't euthanasia or assisted suicide only be available to people who are terminally ill?’
- ‘In practice, many physicians oppose assisted suicide and euthanasia, and hospitals have barred assisted suicide from their premises.’
- ‘Legalising physician assisted suicide would carry a high risk of undermining the care of all dying patients.’
- ‘The growing concern about health care costs increases the risks presented by legalizing assisted suicide and euthanasia.’
- ‘It is the only state to have sanctioned physician assisted suicide and also allows marijuana to be used for medical purposes.’
- ‘What happens to autonomy and compassion when assisted suicide and euthanasia are legally practiced?’
- ‘Suicide and attempted suicide are no longer crimes in Australia, but voluntary euthanasia or assisted suicide is illegal.’
- ‘Several polls on euthanasia and assisted suicide have been conducted among physicians.’
- ‘As a result, a special Senate committee reviewed the issues surrounding euthanasia and assisted suicide in Canada.’
- ‘Doctors call it assisted suicide even when they don't ask the patient.’
- ‘The discussion of assisted suicide and euthanasia is the latest topic to be dominated by hysterical fears.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.