One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The suicide of a patient suffering from an incurable disease, effected by the taking of lethal drugs provided by a doctor for this purpose.
- ‘If assisted suicide or euthanasia were to be legalized, psychologists would play a key role in reducing possible abuses of the process.’
- ‘The discussion of assisted suicide and euthanasia is the latest topic to be dominated by hysterical fears.’
- ‘Only once those dilemmas have been resolved, should we even begin to think about legalising either assisted suicide or euthanasia in this country.’
- ‘Suicide and attempted suicide are no longer crimes in Australia, but voluntary euthanasia or assisted suicide is illegal.’
- ‘In my view, physician assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia are a matter of personal choice and human rights.’
- ‘To conduct physician assisted suicide effectively, doctors would probably have to administer drugs parenterally.’
- ‘In most places, both assisted suicide and voluntary euthanasia are unlawful, although there are some exceptions.’
- ‘No physician engaged in euthanasia or medically assisted suicide should be responsible for diagnosing brain death.’
- ‘Despite their complexity, assisted suicide and euthanasia are both gaining acceptance.’
- ‘Wouldn't euthanasia or assisted suicide only be available to people who are terminally ill?’
- ‘Several polls on euthanasia and assisted suicide have been conducted among physicians.’
- ‘The growing concern about health care costs increases the risks presented by legalizing assisted suicide and euthanasia.’
- ‘In practice, many physicians oppose assisted suicide and euthanasia, and hospitals have barred assisted suicide from their premises.’
- ‘What happens to autonomy and compassion when assisted suicide and euthanasia are legally practiced?’
- ‘Doctors call it assisted suicide even when they don't ask the patient.’
- ‘Once they start down the road to assisted suicide, such a patient would find it difficult to turn back.’
- ‘Legalising physician assisted suicide would carry a high risk of undermining the care of all dying patients.’
- ‘Much more controversial are euthanasia and assisted suicide.’
- ‘As a result, a special Senate committee reviewed the issues surrounding euthanasia and assisted suicide in Canada.’
- ‘It is the only state to have sanctioned physician assisted suicide and also allows marijuana to be used for medical purposes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.