One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- another term for referee's assistant
umpire, judge, referee's assistant, linesman, line judge, adjudicator, arbitrator, arbiter, mediatorView synonyms
- ‘Speed endurance and good recovery in between intense periods of exercise are vital for referees and assistant referees.’
- ‘Fernandez was booked following advice from an assistant referee.’
- ‘He also reserved some criticism for assistant referees at the World Cup.’
- ‘Curtis did look suspiciously offside but there was no flag from the assistant referee despite Sutton Coldfield's extended protests.’
- ‘The game was in danger of being abandoned until he took over the line in place of an injured assistant referee.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.