One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Denoting securities having as collateral the return on a series of mortgages, credit agreements, or other forms of lending.
- ‘The asset-backed securities market maintained its remarkable growth through the first quarter of 2004.’
- ‘Outstanding asset-backed securities have increased 34% to $1.75 trillion.’
- ‘The capital markets have also played a key role, with the proliferation of mortgage and asset-backed securities.’
- ‘Another strong week of sales pushed asset-backed security issuance to a new yearly record.’
- ‘In the context of asset-backed securities, this figure is about one-half of public and private U.S issuance.’
- ‘This then becomes a major issue if the market looks askance at the company's asset-backed securities.’
- ‘Meanwhile, investment bankers salivate at the mountain of asset-backed securities created.’
- ‘We are today forced to wait for the protracted boom in mortgage finance and asset-backed securities to run its course.’
- ‘Credit card asset-backed issuance posted the largest increase, surging 61% to $65.3 billion.’
- ‘Sales of government assets and asset-backed securities would also improve the fiscal position.’
- ‘How much marketplace leverage is there in agencies, mortgage-backs and asset-backed securities?’
- ‘Issuance of asset-backed securities was a slow $3.4 billion, with performance said to be diverging notably between top-tier issuers and the faltering subprime sector.’
- ‘The nervous but booming asset-backed securities market saw $11 billion of new issuance, as a quarterly sales record looks increasingly likely.’
- ‘There is also the key issue of general confidence throughout the asset-backed security marketplace.’
- ‘The company's fortunes, however, changed dramatically with the introduction and rapid growth of a market for high yielding auto asset-backed securities.’
- ‘Many companies sell their trade receivables into the asset-backed commercial paper market.’
- ‘Today, we see that investors and speculators are increasingly willing to hold risky junk bonds, asset-backed securities, mortgage-backs, agency debt, and even corporate bonds.’
- ‘Global investors are snapping up asset-backed securities - consumer loans repackaged into new bonds and sold to investors - just as quickly as banks can issue them.’
- ‘For corporates, that means quality investment-grade debt, and maybe asset-backed securities.’
- ‘Another growth area is asset-backed securities.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.