One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Confident and forceful behavior.‘she has difficulty standing up for herself, even when assertiveness may be warranted’
- ‘Her new levels of assertiveness have her feeling more confident about her career journey.’
- ‘The study found little difference between the groups of children in assertiveness, which was measured by social development tests.’
- ‘Cleverness and assertiveness are valued as ways to achieve upward mobility.’
- ‘The skill of assertiveness is very useful here—this implies the ability to say no.’
- ‘Many psychologists and researchers have argued that a lack of assertiveness can act as a source of stress.’
- ‘He said innovation was a concept whose success in industry largely depended on the assertiveness of practitioners.’
- ‘The increased assertiveness of the peasantry made the regime uneasy, fueling anxiety about the threat of rebellion.’
- ‘The newly emerging feminine assertiveness has changed the picture to a large extent.’
- ‘The forms and imagery of these sculptures refer to assertiveness and aggression.’
- ‘He conveys John's hesitancy as a lack of assertiveness, rather than a character flaw.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.