One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A rapid-fire, magazine-fed automatic rifle designed for infantry use.
- ‘A video released by the group showed the bomber posing with a grenade launcher and an assault rifle.’
- ‘He began to open fire with his assault rifle for as long as he could.’
- ‘The sub-machine gun and my assault rifle used the same ammo and both were able to use the silencer.’
- ‘The sniper carries his sniper rifle as well as an assault rifle or machine pistol for close-in fighting.’
- ‘One of the men jumped out and opened fire with an assault rifle.’
- ‘I think sight of an assault rifle may just do the trick.’
- ‘Other footage showed an armed man firing single shots from an assault rifle at the back of the heads of 11 others.’
- ‘Hearing the assault rifle fire again, he drew his pistol and slipped into the room.’
- ‘The victims include people randomly shot dead with a handgun or an assault rifle.’
- ‘His plane flew over another suspected poachers' camp, where he spotted a horseman with an assault rifle.’
- ‘After that, I slung on my sniper rifle, and my assault rifle, and loaded each of them.’
- ‘Those items are not found, but what are found are an assault rifle and a shotgun purchased subsequently.’
- ‘He said the gun was not a toy, as had been claimed, but a working replica of an army assault rifle which fired plastic pellets and ball bearings.’
- ‘The M60 is a heavy assault rifle with a high rate of fire and a large capacity.’
- ‘He would slip out of the house carrying an assault rifle and five small boxes of bullets and go to the southern edge of the city to shoot at soldiers.’
- ‘For those that aren't familiar with SKSs, they're a Chinese-type assault rifle.’
- ‘He brought his katana up at his side as the marine fired his assault rifle in an uncharacteristic panic.’
- ‘However, the rapid firing assault rifle proved most useful in ambushes.’
- ‘They were armed with home-made grenades and an assault rifle and were shot dead by an army escort.’
- ‘Police discovered a stash of weed and an assault rifle fitted with a sniper's scope and a silencer.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.