One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The crime of threatening a person together with the act of making physical contact with them.‘officers investigated 531 cases of assault and battery’
- ‘She had stabbed a woman to death and had also been arrested for assault with a deadly weapon, assault and battery, and firearms possession.’
- ‘He was convicted last year of indecent assault and battery.’
- ‘He is seeking unspecified damages from the airlines for personal injury, negligence and assault and battery.’
- ‘The indictment includes 10 counts of child rape and six counts of indecent assault and battery.’
- ‘According to this, he'd been arrested for assault and battery, vandalism, burglary and illegal racing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.