One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The action of assassinating someone.‘the assassination of President Kennedy’as modifier ‘a failed assassination attempt’‘a wave of bombings and assassinations’
murder, killing, political execution, slaughter, butchery, homicide, liquidation, elimination, extermination, termination, doing to death, putting to death, martyrdomView synonyms
- ‘It has also raised fears that political assassinations are making a comeback as a way to eliminate opposition figures.’
- ‘There were also a number of other attacks and assassinations, using machine guns rather than car bombs.’
- ‘We are talking of torture and extrajudicial executions or assassinations.’
- ‘We've also heard of several more abductions and now assassinations.’
- ‘The world has witnessed innumerable political assassinations but few have had earthshaking consequences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.