One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(especially as a direction after a tempo marking) very.‘allegro assai’
- ‘From the opening notes of the Allegro vivace assai, the Berlin players conjured up Mozart in the best Viennese manner.’
- ‘Each of the six sinfonias is in four movements with a variety of finales including a Rondeau, a Presto, a ‘Cotillon’ and the more traditional Allegro assai.’
- ‘The strings players brought invigorating energy to the concluding Allegro assai.’
- ‘I also enjoyed the Finale that also follows without a break and which is marked Allegro deciso, assai moderato.’
- ‘In the Allegro assai moderato we have an impression of impish playfulness that is very much akin to Gade's own inventiveness.’
Italian, ‘very much’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.