Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An instrument or apparatus for aspirating fluid from a vessel or cavity.
- ‘Endometrial biopsies were performed using routine endometrial aspirators.’
- ‘If your child is too young to blow her own nose, use a nasal aspirator to remove sticky nasal fluids if your child is uncomfortable.’
- ‘A sterile uterine sound or an endometrial aspirator should be used to determine the depth of the uterine cavity.’
- ‘I can wipe Franklin's nose with a tissue, a wash cloth or suck it out with an aspirator.’
- ‘An alternative to the uterine sound is an endometrial aspirator such as those used for endometrial biopsy sampling.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.