One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The eye's optical system consists primarily of the cornea and the lens, and the corneal surfaces are aspheric.’
- ‘Typically, the designer adds more lens elements or applies small perturbations to spherical shapes using aspheric surfaces.’
- ‘The system uses a generalized aspheric optic element placed near the aperture stop of an optical instrument to produce these results.’
- ‘The element can be a separate component, or it can be integrated onto a traditional lens element by the addition of a generalized aspheric surface.’
- ‘Designs incorporating aspheric optics can magnify the image by about 20X; higher values require folded compound magnification schemes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.