Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- short for autistic spectrum disorder
- ‘In approximately 70% of cases, when one identical twin has ASD, so does the other.’
- ‘The earlier ASD is detected, the more effective early intervention can be in the life of a child.’
- ‘According to the authors, the ability of an animal to help children with ASD connect to adults may help foster interactions with therapists, teachers or other adult figures.’
- ‘Participants in the study included families of 1,218 children with ASD, recruited through an online questionnaire.’
- ‘An estimated 600,000 children and adults in the UK are affected by ASD.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.