One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The similar level of satisfaction in our two study groups may be ascribable to this difference, as the family doctors may have compensated for any shortcomings related to the junior physicians' inexperience.’
- ‘The reason for this difference is hypothetical and may be ascribable to two different phenomena.’
- ‘The problem with trouser suits is that despite their democratic appeal, they lack the universal qualities ascribable to men's tailoring.’
- ‘Legislators make speeches, attend committee meetings, cast votes and leave a paper trail of positions taken and poses struck, mostly without consequences clearly ascribable to them as individuals.’
- ‘To assess the statistical significance of basic differences between male and female subjects that were independent of any disturbances ascribable to shiftwork, we conducted an initial analysis.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.