Infection of the intestine with ascarids.
- ‘In children, intestinal spirochetosis has been associated with ascariasis, enterobiasis, and Helicobacter pylori gastritis.’
- ‘Their results indicate that the cellular immune responses needed to protect against TB and HIV, are impaired by ascariasis and other helminthic infections.’
- ‘Primary common bile duct stones are more common in Asian populations because of the increased prevalence of flukes and parasitic infections, such as clonorchiasis, fascioliasis and ascariasis.’
- ‘If your child has ascariasis, she should be evaluated for other intestinal parasites, such as pinworm.’
- ‘In the United States, ascariasis is the third most common helminth infection (exceeded only by hookworm and whipworm infections).’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.