One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A lung disease resulting from the inhalation of asbestos particles, marked by severe fibrosis and a high risk of mesothelioma (cancer of the pleura).
- ‘This issue has been addressed comprehensively by two of us in a study of asbestosis and lung cancer.’
- ‘Only the more severe grades of asbestosis are detectable by gross examination.’
- ‘Chest radiographs showed no evidence of asbestosis or other scarring pulmonary disease.’
- ‘They get deadly diseases like black lung, asbestosis, or more insidious poisonings.’
- ‘Clinically apparent asbestosis occurs only after a significant latent period.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.