One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
With respect to; concerning.‘decisions as to which patients receive treatment’
concerning, respecting, with respect to, on the subject of, as regards, regarding, with reference to, re, in regard to, with regard to, apropos, in the matter of, in connection withView synonyms
- ‘Postwatch will also listen to local concerns as to why the offices should not close.’
- ‘Now drivers have been left confused as to whether they can still park in the bay.’
- ‘I've been arguing with my husband as to what would be the best plant for this position.’
- ‘I have only one spare bed, so had to make a tricky decision as to who had to sleep on the floor.’
- ‘We had different views as to how a political interviewer should go about his job.’
- ‘Police are mystified as to how the thief managed to open the vehicle without using force.’
- ‘They have been advising us as to how we should behave to avoid the situation getting worse.’
- ‘If in doubt ask for written confirmation as to what you can expect for your money.’
- ‘I am aware that there is no easy solution as to whether abortion is right or wrong.’
- ‘So now I'm back home and a bit confused as to whether my visit was effective or not.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.