One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘We arrived at the restaurant as per usual and were happy to see that the sign in the front window declared it was open for lunch on Thursdays, Fridays and Sundays from 11AM.’
- ‘This summer, as per usual, they were a main attraction at gigs up and down New Zealand.’
- ‘Meanwhile, go about your daily business as per usual.’
- ‘Or would things just keep going on as per usual with maybe a few people chiming in about his edgy new style and crackerjack reporting?’
- ‘I'd been at a party, and had a few drinks, as per usual.’
- ‘So I was at the mall having lunch today, as per usual.’
- ‘Anyway, as per usual, I'm going to swan off home now!’
- ‘And, as per usual with any politician, the data appears to have been cherry-picked to create the worse possible scenario.’
- ‘My designer showed up a little after for a meeting, and, as per usual, we both spoke to each other quickly and loudly, though with affection.’
- ‘His paper was funny and interesting as per usual.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.