One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
I very much doubt it.‘You know how lottery winners always say it won't change their lives? Yeah, as if!’
- ‘Even some prejudicial rejection can also be okay, if the person socially shutting you down is in a committed relationship (as if!) or has an incompatible sexual orientation.’
- ‘And wait I did, my Standard open at The horoscopes (Predictions for New Year! Your Stars, That Break, and You! - as if).’
- ‘You can tell she's wanting everyone to tell her how brilliant she was. As if.’
- ‘You know how pools winners always say it won't change their lives? Yeah, right, as if.’
- ‘Clueless, however, with its mall culture (buy something; buying makes happy), and its witty dialogue (‘as if!’), doesn't support the heritage industry.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.