One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
In the existing circumstances.‘I've got enough on my plate as it is’
- ‘We live in a highly residential area and there is little enough parkland as it is.’
- ‘Buying a house is out of the question for many of us who struggle as it is to just rent somewhere.’
- ‘You're cool enough as is!’
- ‘Mr Samuels tells it as it is and pulls no punches, he is one citizen who will stand up and be counted.’
- ‘Because I'm angry at it now, proper shaking angry and this Blog entry is long enough as it is.’
- ‘Though I'm feeling quite queer as it is, so I don't invite you to dwell on it too long.’
- ‘They bought the house as is with the understanding that Mrs Callahan could have a day in the house alone, to select mementos.’
- ‘Rail staff have a hard enough job as it is, working under difficult circumstances.’
- ‘I reckon it looks pretty choice as is, but its always fun to mix things up a bit.’
- ‘It can help to shine a critical light on things that are wrong with the world as it is - which is plenty.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.