Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Skill in a particular craft.‘pieces of jewelry which testify to the high artisanship of these ancient people’‘a heritage of exquisite artisanship’
- ‘That makes me think more about the nature of artisanship - particularly that the creators of the house and garden built something that wouldn't even start to look its best until decades after they had died.’
- ‘I was particularly taken with a piece that was made to represent the "Golden Fleece" and with other pieces of jewelry which testify to the high artisanship of these ancient people.’
- ‘There are many craft items on offer that are affordable, and all are hand-crafted with the attention to detail that is the hallmark of fine Chinese artisanship.’
- ‘The game's makers are to be complimented for the artisanship that went into making it.’
- ‘If you want to break all the rules of the artistic tradition, Duchamp reasoned, why not begin by discarding its most fundamental values: beauty and artisanship.’
- ‘Sales of hand-crafted microbrews are vital to the restaurant's brand positioning since they are "all about the hand-crafted artisanship of slow-smoked barbeque."’
- ‘The guild was established by Jim Clark to develop and maintain the highest standard of artisanship and ethics in the pistolsmith's craft.’
- ‘The idea of individual artisanship is not something that operates in the Amish culture.’
- ‘Even when they were made, the pictures were "B"-level popcorn sellers the studios tossed off without much care about quality or artisanship.’
- ‘While much work in graphic arts is produced, it often is seen as mere artisanship and has received little attention.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.