Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The production or action of computer programs or computerized systems that simulate the behavior, population dynamics, or other characteristics of living organisms.→ a-life
- ‘Bibliographies for the entirely neglected fields of artificial life and genetic programming are available at these sites.’
- ‘The robots used in artificial life are often rather uncomplicated and do not match the science-fiction vision of a robot that serves tea or solves world problems.’
- ‘Other themes explored are the brain and its ‘computing’ power, artificial life, and some of the important ethical issues.’
- ‘It was a combination made in hell and before long he had resigned from the company to form his own research and development company, CyberLife, where he could devote his time to creating more intelligent forms of artificial life.’
- ‘More recently, however, computer scientists have begun to extend the techniques of artificial life to computers with real bodies.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.