Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The sport of climbing on an indoor or outdoor wall whose surface simulates a mountain.
- ‘Rock climbing has been revolutionised with the advent of artificial climbing walls in Europe and America.’
- ‘All of these institutes have their own artificial climbing walls and offer comprehensive training in rock climbing.’
- ‘Higinio and Bonfilio looked for a route for artificial climbing, while Cecilia and Carlos tried a free climb.’
- ‘The purchase of an artificial climbing wall is a major step in a school's evolution and the consequences of such a decision are numerous.’
- ‘In February 2002 The Alpine Section of the Austrian Alpine Association came to the conclusion to enlarge the artificial climbing wall in a gym.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.