One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport of climbing on an indoor or outdoor wall whose surface simulates a mountain.
- ‘The purchase of an artificial climbing wall is a major step in a school's evolution and the consequences of such a decision are numerous.’
- ‘All of these institutes have their own artificial climbing walls and offer comprehensive training in rock climbing.’
- ‘In February 2002 The Alpine Section of the Austrian Alpine Association came to the conclusion to enlarge the artificial climbing wall in a gym.’
- ‘Rock climbing has been revolutionised with the advent of artificial climbing walls in Europe and America.’
- ‘Higinio and Bonfilio looked for a route for artificial climbing, while Cecilia and Carlos tried a free climb.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.