One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The sport of climbing on an indoor or outdoor wall whose surface simulates a mountain.
- ‘Higinio and Bonfilio looked for a route for artificial climbing, while Cecilia and Carlos tried a free climb.’
- ‘The purchase of an artificial climbing wall is a major step in a school's evolution and the consequences of such a decision are numerous.’
- ‘All of these institutes have their own artificial climbing walls and offer comprehensive training in rock climbing.’
- ‘In February 2002 The Alpine Section of the Austrian Alpine Association came to the conclusion to enlarge the artificial climbing wall in a gym.’
- ‘Rock climbing has been revolutionised with the advent of artificial climbing walls in Europe and America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.