One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to the formation of speech sounds.
- ‘This idea is associated with the contribution of Laclau and Mouffe, who say: ‘We will call articulation any practice establishing a relation among elements such that their identity is modified as a result of the articulatory practice’.’
- ‘In sentence-picture and picture-picture verification tasks, we examined the effect of an articulatory suppression and a spatial tapping dual task on the encoding of simple spatial relations.’
- ‘A similar articulatory gesture is used in English in voiced stops, where advancing the tongue root (and/or lowering the larynx) helps to permit voicing to continue despite the oral closure.’
- ‘Pijfers investigated whether Dutch deaf children used an articulatory code or a sign code in reading and which code led to the best results.’
- ‘Later, Baddeley made contributions to the literature on the neuropsychology of memory, first in the field of amnesia and subsequently with respect to patients with impairments in phonological or articulatory functioning.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.