One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
attributive Relating to the formation of speech sounds.
- ‘Later, Baddeley made contributions to the literature on the neuropsychology of memory, first in the field of amnesia and subsequently with respect to patients with impairments in phonological or articulatory functioning.’
- ‘A similar articulatory gesture is used in English in voiced stops, where advancing the tongue root (and/or lowering the larynx) helps to permit voicing to continue despite the oral closure.’
- ‘Pijfers investigated whether Dutch deaf children used an articulatory code or a sign code in reading and which code led to the best results.’
- ‘This idea is associated with the contribution of Laclau and Mouffe, who say: ‘We will call articulation any practice establishing a relation among elements such that their identity is modified as a result of the articulatory practice’.’
- ‘In sentence-picture and picture-picture verification tasks, we examined the effect of an articulatory suppression and a spatial tapping dual task on the encoding of simple spatial relations.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.