One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the legendary King Arthur of Britain, or any of the stories of his life.‘the Arthurian literary tradition’
- ‘Padel provides a survey of medieval Welsh literary references to Arthur and emphasizes their importance to Arthurian studies as a whole.’
- ‘These tales were set in different eras ranging from Arthurian times to the Crusades, in Carthage, the Boer War and in Australia.’
- ‘This is Arthurian epic at its best-filled with romance, adventure, authentic Dark Ages detail, and wonderfully human people.’
- ‘Attanasio mixes Arthurian lore with Norse gods, modern physics and sundry faerie creatures in this literary, passionate novel.’
- ‘At one end there'll be a replica of Glastonbury Tor, the ancient site in Somerset which is linked to Arthurian legend.’
- ‘A groundbreaking contribution to Arthurian scholarship, this volume should be essential reading for all students of the corpus.’
- ‘After this they really got into faeries, mythology, Hinduism, Buddhism, Arthurian romance, and the Bible.’
- ‘The journey ends up being an Arthurian quest, while also representing the 12 stations of recovery.’
- ‘Henry VIII commissioned his own round table and placed at its centre, alongside the names of the Arthurian knights, the Tudor rose and a portrait of Arthur.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.