One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
An invertebrate animal of the large phylum Arthropoda, such as an insect, spider, or crustacean.
- ‘The ecdysozoans are supposed to include arthropods, priapulids and nematodes.’
- ‘It is the cuticle that suggests rotifers are close relatives of roundworms and arthropods.’
- ‘All chelicerate arthropods have this special first set of modified legs.’
- ‘The Cambrian Explosion, for example, is the first time we are able to distinguish a chordate from an arthropod.’
- ‘It is of interest that a plant native to Eurasia would host such substantial numbers of phytophagous arthropods in North America.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.