An invertebrate animal of the large phylum "Arthropoda", such as an insect, spider, or crustacean.
- ‘It is the cuticle that suggests rotifers are close relatives of roundworms and arthropods.’
- ‘It is of interest that a plant native to Eurasia would host such substantial numbers of phytophagous arthropods in North America.’
- ‘All chelicerate arthropods have this special first set of modified legs.’
- ‘The ecdysozoans are supposed to include arthropods, priapulids and nematodes.’
- ‘The Cambrian Explosion, for example, is the first time we are able to distinguish a chordate from an arthropod.’