Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
An invertebrate animal of the large phylum "Arthropoda", such as an insect, spider, or crustacean.
- ‘It is the cuticle that suggests rotifers are close relatives of roundworms and arthropods.’
- ‘It is of interest that a plant native to Eurasia would host such substantial numbers of phytophagous arthropods in North America.’
- ‘All chelicerate arthropods have this special first set of modified legs.’
- ‘The ecdysozoans are supposed to include arthropods, priapulids and nematodes.’
- ‘The Cambrian Explosion, for example, is the first time we are able to distinguish a chordate from an arthropod.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.