The surgical reconstruction or replacement of a joint.‘the ever-increasing population of older adults will expand the demand for arthroplasty’
- ‘Hip and knee arthroplasty is increasingly important to improving the quality of life for older adults with arthritis.’
- ‘Arthroplasty can be performed with an approach that retains the posterior cruciate ligament.’
- ‘During interposition arthroplasty, your surgeon removes any bone spurs or loose pieces of bone.’
- ‘The average length of time for each total knee arthroplasty is 45 minutes from incision to application of dressings.’
- ‘The vast strides made in arthroplasty have also made this once highly complicated procedure more widely available.’
Late 19th century: from arthro- + -plasty.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.