Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the walls of an artery.
- ‘Coronary arteritis and myocarditis are the principal causes of morbidity and mortality.’
- ‘Takayasu's arteritis is a chronic inflammatory disease involving the aorta and its branches.’
- ‘Giant cell arteritis, or temporal arteritis, is an inflammatory disorder of large and medium-sized arteries affected with granulomatous lesions containing T cells and macrophages.’
- ‘Polymyalgia rheumatica and temporal arteritis are closely related inflammatory conditions that affect different cellular targets in genetically predisposed persons.’
- ‘Temporal arteritis is inflammation of medium and large sized arteries especially the carotid in the neck and its branches.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.