One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The thickening and hardening of the walls of the arteries, occurring typically in old age.Also called hardening of the arteries
- ‘Unfortunately, some people with arteriosclerosis or atherosclerosis have no symptoms until one or more arteries are so hardened that they cause a medical emergency.’
- ‘Another possible cause of impaired lung function could be increased sclerosis of bronchial arteries as a consequence of generalized arteriosclerosis in diabetes.’
- ‘The feel of the artery itself may suggest whether its wall has normal resilience, or is hardened and thickened by arteriosclerosis.’
- ‘We also excluded patients with diabetes mellitus, arteriosclerosis, and those receiving anticoagulant medication.’
- ‘Most genetically predisposed diseases are not rare conditions limited to small numbers of families; they encompass a wide spectrum of common diseases like diabetes, arteriosclerosis, Alzheimer's disease and many cancers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.