One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘This drug relaxes arteriolar smooth muscle and has been used in the treatment of severe hypertension.’
- ‘This increase in water retention, together with contraction of arteriolar smooth muscle and increase in the rate and force of cardiac contraction, results in a rise in blood pressure.’
- ‘In humans, there is no direct evidence that potassium protects against renal arteriolar or tubular lesions that occur in either hypertension or kidney disease.’
- ‘External injury to the alveolar wall may be the counterpart of arteriolar smooth muscle injury.’
- ‘It is divided into a number of lobules, each containing clusters of two distinct cell types together with arteriolar blood vessels and capillaries, nerve fibres, and a few autonomic ganglion cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.