One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Radiography of an artery, carried out after injection of a radio-opaque substance.
- ‘Earlier in the day, Lee returned to the hospital to have further checks of his heart condition through coronary arteriography and catheterization, Lien said.’
- ‘Cardiac catheterization and coronary arteriography are also performed when it is necessary to evaluate patients at risk for coronary artery disease prior to surgery.’
- ‘All patients underwent contrast left ventriculography, coronary arteriography, and electrophysiologic study, as clinically indicated.’
- ‘This test may be done as an alternative to more invasive procedures such as arteriography and venography, which involve injecting dye into the blood vessel to provide X-ray images.’
- ‘In such patients pulmonary arteriography is contraindicated unless a cardiac pacemaker is placed prior to the procedure.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.