Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- another term for qinghaosu
- ‘One way of tackling this problem is to simplify the treatment by using rectal quinine or rectal artemisinin or artesunate, which could be given promptly even at basic health facilities.’
- ‘In the following decade, Chinese scientists based at the institute devised an inexpensive synthetic version of their antimalarial drug artemisinin.’
- ‘The two most important groups of drugs for malaria treatment are still based on quinine or artemisinin.’
- ‘The team started with the Chinese herbal medicine, artemisinin, which has anti-malarial properties.’
- ‘The Chinese have been using artemisinin for more than 2000 years to treat a variety of ailments.’
1970s: blend of artemisia and quinine.
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.