One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is studying to be an artist at a university or other institution of higher education.‘he was an art student in Paris in the 1950s’
- ‘The study of human anatomy was and is a part of the education of the art student.’
- ‘In 1921, after a brief spell as an art student in London, she became engaged to a lieutenant, but she did not marry him.’
- ‘When Clive is almost grown up, his father returns from India, and indulgently allows him to become an art student.’
- ‘In the park he was approached by four young art students, who wanted to use Oskar as a model.’
- ‘Impressionist art started with a rebellion by four art students and friends - Auguste Renoir, Claude Monet, Alfred Sisley and Frederic Bazille.’
- ‘Our student body consists of both working artists and art students who hail from all over the US and Canada.’
- ‘Art students are provided an opportunity to learn and integrate with a larger artist community.’
- ‘This first volume follows a young woman art student who meets a weary leftist journalist against a background of boiling politics and decadence.’
- ‘He became an art student in Dublin, and in 1894 published Homeward, his first volume of mystical verses, with the encouragement of Yeats.’
- ‘Art students today, he said, "draw on a computer then print their work to an etching plate."’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.